1. Bhartiya Samajshastra ke Agreeni Chintak is a prescribed undergraduate textbook for the ‘Pioneers of Indian Sociology paper [Bhartiya Samajshastra ke Agreeni Chintak paper]’ of Lucknow University. This is aimed at the first paper of sociology BA 3rd year of this University.
2. The chapters have been contributed by the faculty members of Sociology and Anthropology of various affiliated colleges of Lucknow University.
3. This book discusses the 12 prominent Indian thinkers and their concepts — Radhakamal Mukerjee – Social values and social ecology; D P Mukerjee – cultural diversity; D N Majumdar – caste and tribal integration; G N Ghurye – caste system and Indian sadhus; Irawati Karve– kinship in India; I P Desai – Indian joint family and elite; MN Srinivas – sankritization and dominant caste; Shyama Charan Dube – Indian villages; B R Chauhan – a village in Rajasthan as a little community and ritualization; A R Desai – social background of Indian nationalism, Marxist approach to study Indian society; Ramkrishna Mukherji – Joint family and the dynamics of a rural society and Andre Beteille – changing pattern of caste, class and power.
4. The book will be useful for the undergraduate courses in Sociology of other Indian universities of Hindi speaking states in the country; and also for the aspirants of UPSC and allied civil services.
5. Package: Bhartiya Samajshastra ke Agreeni Chintak can be package with:
Sandarbh granth soochi [Bibliography]